UNICEF, cholera immunization [Photo credit UNICEF]
By James Deng Dimo
WAU, 25 November 2016 [Gurtong]-According to the organisations’ field office head in Wau, Shafeeq –ur Rehman, the six cases were confirmed within this week after an official test carried out on the suspected cases within the UNMISS camps site.
The official said among the six cases, no death case has been report, adding that the reported six cases have been completely well diagnosed.
UNICEF said the six confirmed cases are from the UNMISS protection site mostly children under 15 years of age.
“As you know that UNICEF had been working with other actors in the general population but also responding to the displaced people in the camps, we are working on all areas like education, water and sanitation and child protection,” he said.
Shafeeq –ur- Rehman said UNICEF in collaboration with the ministry of health begun giving out training skills to vaccinators in order to scale up the campaign in Wau at displaced persons camps on Friday.
“Since yesterday, we have been doing the training of vaccinators and that training will end Thursday and from tomorrow [Friday] we will kick off a vaccination campaign at all displacement sites within Wau town and our target is the UNMISS IDPs site,” he said.
He said the campaign will target about 17000 children under the age of 15.