23 Oct 2018

 

Others’ Reports On South Sudan

"So far we have agreed on inclusivity. This is something agreed even though we are still in disagreement on the type of inclusivity,"

Others’ Reports On South Sudan
South Sudan's information minister Michael Makuei [File photo]
South Sudan's information minister Michael Makuei said the warring parties have made some progress at the ongoing peace talks in Addis Ababa today. In a press statement this afternoon from Addis Ababa, Makuei said the parties agreed to form an inclusive government in South Sudan.
 
"So far we have agreed on inclusivity. This is something agreed even though we are still in disagreement on the type of inclusivity," he said.
 
The official revealed that no progress made on power sharing between the parties. However, he said the thematic committee on security agreed on cantonment of forces. Makuei, who is also the government spokesman, said his government made concessions for the sake of peace in the country, while accusing the opposition of sticking to its positions. Radio Tamazuj
 
Juba Mulls Referendum on Creation of States
The South Sudan government is considering holding a referendum on the controversial states created in 2015 by a presidential decree. Juba said the move would resolve the strong dispute among the various armed factions which still considered the additional states null and void.
 
"The question of the number of states is for the people of South Sudan to decide. Government expresses a strong popular demand for the creation of even more states. "Therefore, the views of the people of South Sudan should be sought on the matter," the government said in its position paper presented to the Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (Igad). It also wants the regional bloc to seek the views of the people of South Sudan on the question of the states. The East African
 
South Sudan: More than 200 Child Soldiers Released, UN Says
Two hundred and ten child soldiers have been released in South Sudan, bringing the total number of underage fighters freed so far this year to 806, a UN spokesman said on Friday.
 
Farhan Haq told reporters that "additional releases are expected in the coming months that could result in more than 1,000 children being freed." He said that during Thursday's release ceremony, which took place in the eastern city of Pibor, the children were formally disarmed and given civilian clothes. The children and their families would now be provided with three months' worth of food, vocational training and education, he added. It was the third such release ceremony this year, according to Haq. Deutsche Welle

  

Posted in: Home
Comments
RSS comment feed
22/05/2018, 6:04 PM
 - Posted by Anonymous User
Add Comment
Log in
to post a comment. If you are not a Gurtong member yet, register here.
Featured Videos
PEACE MESSAGES FROM THE CHURCH & STATE GOVERNMENT LEADERS
  • See Gurtong Mobile Cinema
  • GURTONG MEANS PEACE
  • PRAYING FOR PEACE
  • FORGIVE BUT FORGET NOT
  • THE LOST PEACEMAKERS OF JONGLEI
  • SELECTED TESTIMONIES
  • GURTONG IN PIBOR FOR PEACE
  • A Special Peace Initiative
See Gurtong Mobile Cinema 1 GURTONG MEANS PEACE2 PRAYING FOR PEACE3 FORGIVE BUT FORGET NOT4 THE LOST PEACEMAKERS OF JONGLEI5 SELECTED TESTIMONIES6 GURTONG IN PIBOR FOR PEACE7 A Special Peace Initiative8
css slider by WOWSlider.com v8.7
 

 

 

Gurtong Radio

Peace Efforts Earn Bishop Paride Taban Top UN Award

 
 English Programs     |      برامج اللغة العربية