The USAID-funded Sudan Core Institutions Project (USAID/Sudan Core Institutions Project) is building capacity within entities of the Government of Southern Sudan.
This project is looking for three qualified candidates for the position of Information and Communications Technology Specialist (ICT Specialist).
This position requires hands-on experience in installing and maintaining servers, computers, printers and network infrastructure (routers, communications equipment, cables, etc.) for the project offices in two or more locations.
Additionally, this role will require the technical setup and support for the Financial Management Information System (FMIS) implementation that this project is undertaking on behalf of the Ministry of Finance in multiple locations in Juba and the States.
The ideal candidate must have relevant experience in the support of ICT infrastructure. Experience with the maintenance of servers using Windows Server 2003 (or later); experience with the setup and maintenance of network switches and routers is ideal.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support the ICT infrastructure in the project office(s). This includes:
- Installing and maintaining all computers, printers, scanners and associated infrastructure (switches, routers, etc.)
- Maintaining the project network and troubleshooting issues.
- Responding to routine end-user computer-related support requests.
2. Support the FMIS team in the implementation of the Financial Management Information System (FMIS). This will entail:
- Setting up and maintaining the ICT infrastructure that will support the FMIS network. This network will expand to include GOSS entities in Juba and in the states.
- Diagnosing and resolving issues related to this network Setting up software and hardware related to the FMIS network including:
- Active Directory;
- Virtual Private Network (VPN);
- Implementing and administering domains including DNS and DHCP;
- Terminal Services;
- Associated routers, switches and firewalls;
- Ensuring the implementation of platform-wide antivirus software, regular back-ups, etc.
3. Setup and manage a support desk, and other duties that apply.
4. The ICT specialist will be expected to share knowledge across the IT Team, and work in a collaborative and open environment
5. The ICT specialist will be mentored by the project’s ICT staff.